With the start of April, we wanted to reflect on the past months in 2022 and update our investors on them and our upcoming plans. Given the global geopolitical situation with the war in Ukraine, we were actively reporting on its impact on our investors and how do we protect your interests, which remain our top priority. The other priorities are related to launching the securities for investments in loans, finishing other tasks related to our transition period, and adding new investment products.
Highlights of Q1 2022
- Launch news is our favorite kind of news – and this Q1, TWINO happily launched a redesigned investor profile! You can now enjoy a brand-new interface, upgraded for your convenience. Nonetheless, if you want to stick with the existing interface, then rest assured as it still is available until we launch our securities. You will be able to choose the interface at the time of logging into your investor profile.
- Also, we must address, yet not as a highlight, but as an important event, the war that broke out on February 24th by the Russians advancing into Ukraine’s territory and subsequent sanctions from the European Union and the United States. You can read more on this on our blog.
- We have been contacting you, our investors, to ensure that the information provided by them is accurate and matches the regulations that we at TWINO must follow. Therefore, we wanted to thank all of you for completing the KYC questionnaire thoroughly.
Plans for Q2 2022
- We will continue sharing all the up-to-date information regarding how the war will affect TWINO and our action plan to mitigate any risks that pose to our investors.
- We have been sharing more and more news about what is coming to TWINO. We are about to launch loan pools, which are asset-backed securities, i.e., securities that are backed by a pool of at least 10 loans that an investor can purchase. The return of the securities will remain as a fixed interest rate as it has always been with investments in loans. To be honest, for our veteran investors, who have been investing in loans, not much will change, as the process will be very similar to investing in loans.
- Securities will come with a variety of documents to offer the highest level of transparency. These documents, among others, include a base prospectus, final terms, and key information document (“KID”). Investors will be able to read the extensive information about the specific financial instrument, the potential risks related to investments, and a description of the specific loan originator’s operations and financials.
- A huge milestone is coming – more than €1 billion worth of loans financed through our investment platform since its inception. More details to follow when we get there in around a month from today.
- As a part of a longer-term strategy, we have multiple things in mind on how to further improve our Auto-Invest tool. The first adjustment is coming into effect already next week and it’s related to the “Per Loan” criteria within the strategy. For example, any given Auto-Invest portfolio will be able to invest in one loan several times if there is nowhere else to invest. However, it’s still limited to one investment in one specific loan per day. This is done for two reasons – (1) increasing investor returns by having the funds invested more often and (2) loan pools by default are giving better diversification as its combining multiple loans thus “Per loan” criteria loses its intended value.