As another two productive weeks have passed since the pre-Easter update, I am back in your inbox to share with you a summary of the latest news here at TWINO.
TWINO Group’s activities:
- I’m happy to share with you that this month has brought us a new milestone of €800 million worth of loans funded through the platform since its inception. It took us even a shorter time than the previous 100 million, which proves that the lending volumes keep rising, with our largest market, Russia, as well as TWINO Ventures that have already been with us for over a year, making a significant contribution in achieving this goal.
- We have taken another step towards becoming a licensed investment brokerage company by finalizing the Suitability & Appropriateness evaluation that you will soon see on your TWINO account. In the process of adapting our products to the requirements of the Financial and Capital Market Commission of Latvia, we are obliged to make sure that the products we offer correspond to the experience, financial situation, investment strategy, and risk appetite of our investors. Once the questionnaire goes live, you will be asked to fill it on the Dashboard page of your TWINO account.
- We invite you to take part in the leading Baltic startup and technology event TechChill that will take place 7 – 21 May 2021, and hope that you will tune in on our very own Fintech Talks by TWINO. As always, we have prepared a special treat for you – enter the discount code TWINO when purchasing your ticket here, and you will get a 40% discount!
- Our interview series with the management team will soon be coming to an end and before we share our final post about the Latvian market, we present you some insights from Izabela Sienkiewicz, Country Manager of the TWINO Group in Poland. This is our second oldest market with the beginning of lending activities dating back to 2011. Read about the challenges the Polish lending market faced in the COVID-19 pandemic and what the future has in store on the TWINO Blog.
- TWINO CEO Anastasija Oļeiņika is representing Latvia in the EU Unicorns Group, an initiative of over 30 founders and CEOs of European tech companies joining efforts in creating a united European innovation ecosystem. On March 30, 2021, the group had its first meeting with the European Commissioner responsible for Innovation, Research, Education, Culture, and Youth and already on April 19, 2021, will hand in their first deliverable.
In case of any specific questions do not hesitate to contact us.